The Vascular check 1 is a screening device for early detection of arterial stiffness. With early detection, prevention of cardiovascular disease(CVD) is possible via:
• A healthy life style including weight loss, regular exercise, quitting smoking etc.
• Diet: less sugar, less salt, less cholesterol, sufficient intake of vitamins etc.
• Medication for diabetes, hypertension etc.
Arterial stiffness is a normal aging process which can be accelerated in several diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. The walls of the arteries lose their elasticity, leading to:
- Increased blood pressure
- Higher workload for the heart
- Damage to small vessels in organs
CVD is the number one cause of death worldwide with 17 million deaths every year (31% of all deaths). The number of CVD deaths is dramatically rising due to aging of the population, increase in the world population and increase of CVD risk factors. Health care expenditures amount ±200 billion euros/year in the EU and ±555 billion dollars/year in the USA. There is thus an urgent need for early detection and better prevention.
Arterial stiffness is a major risk factor for CVD. Stiffening of the arteries increases the risk of:
- High blood pressure
- Coronary artery disease
- Myocardial infarction
- Heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease
LSB MedTech B.V.
4811 CA Breda
LSB MedTech Ltd.